Help Recovering from Subarachnoid Hemorrhage

Good Afternoon Everyone:

My brother fell from the top of the stairs and fractured the back and side of his skull. He bled from both hemispheres of the brain and the doctors could not operate because of this. He has gotten better and can speak now and does almost complete sentences but will ask the same question over and over again.

I am looking for guidance and strategies to help my brother overcome this challenge. I welcome proven, new, and innovative ideas. I am open to all ideas and resources available. In the hospital I have played meditation music as well as sounds from the ocean.

Thank you once again for your help and guidance with this request.

Sincerely,

Allan

hi Allen and welcome! glad your here as it has helped me so much, I hope your brother can join us soon. How old is he and how long ago? Recovery is a long tough battle - I am 4 yrs post and permanently disabled but don't be discouraged- everyone is different with various levels of damage. I am thankful I can walk a little and do shower and small meals. Some recover 100% !!!!!

Again Welcome to BAF ~

Like Ron I think we need to know more answers ... because right now...it sounds like your brother needs lots of rest to heal...~ Colleen

Hi there, sorry that I don’t have any suggestions for you, but I just wanted to say its awesome that you’re looking out for your brother and wanting to help him in every way. I think the meditation music sounds like a great idea…could only help, definitely not hurt. :slight_smile: