Hello! and intro

Well its been almost 8 months since I found my dear Grandmother (Mimi) on her room floor. She had a ruptured Aneurysm. And also has two others still active. Her right side of the brain has damage the size of a toddlers palm. They were able to clip and coil the ruptured aneurysm. They are also monitoring the other in which its about 3mm. Its been a long road. She was in a coma for 6 weeks and had her eyes both opened after. About a month later the left started to close and after another month the right also closed. Still not sure why. As of now she cannot walk or use her left leg or arm. She is a fighter im with her everyday if not every other since the beginning. Its been a roller coaster of getting better to going back to worse. Her prognosis started off poor im not sure where we are now or even if i want to understand the word “prognosis”. She has beat all the statistics so far. I just hope theres a more brighter light at the end of this dim tunnel.

Thank you for reading. Not so emotionally easy for me to talk about this. Reality comes and goes for me and the harsh reality is really hard to bare that this is her and this actually happened to the one person that had such a huge impact on me and more like a Mother with such genuine love.

I am so sorry you are going through this. As a survivor of a ruptured one and living with a large second one that requires clipping, I suffer headaches every day. If not for the support and love of my sister, I don’t know where I’d be. If your grandmother could, I am sure she would want you to know how much you have made a difference to her. I’m sure she feels your love. God bless people like you and my sister hugs

Lisa

Stacey, what an awesome person your are! The simple fact you were able to find your Mimi speaks volumes for her still being here. When you visit, talk to her in slow, simple sentences. Let her know what’s going on and how much she means to you.

Like Lisa, I suffered a rupture and spent a few weeks in ICU. The doctors were unsure I would be able to do anything. They prepared my partner and friends for the high possibility that I would not recognize anyone. I knew my partner right away, just had to find the words. My friends were a little longer in their names coming. Everyone, except me, cried when I could tell them their names. Even the staff got tears and had to turn away for a moment.

Being a fighter helped in recovery. Love kept me here and fighting. My partner thinks it’s my stubbornness and tenacity.

The brain is a unique conundrum of electrical currents and blood. We can’t know why your Mimi’s eyes opened and closed. We could guess, but I’m not sure that would help. Be with your Mimi when the doctors visit, ask the charge nurse, her shift nurses and anyone else that is part of her medical team. Speak with the hospital social worker, ask them to help you understand. Knowledge is not the enemy. If nothing else, it gives us a platform to start fighting from.

My thoughts are with you and your family in these difficult times.

Moltroub, your brain is working fine and dandy now! Well said :slight_smile:

Lisa

Stacey, I am so sorry that your Mimi has been stricken with a ruptured annie. I was one of the more fortunate - mine was diagnosed prior to rupture, but I understand what your Grandmother means to you. Meemaw (my grandmother) and Granddaddy were the most wonderful people and I was always much closer to them than to my own parents. My granddaddy died from metastasized bone cancer and I helped my parents care for him in their home until the end.

I would definitely try to understand what her prognosis is - it might help you cope with the roller coaster days and nights. I am sure that just having you close by is such a blessing to her.

Sherri

Hi Stacy! so sorry, hang in there, my family was told id be in a nursing home if id even survived, thank God u was able to come back home and i can walk short distances, has there been any changes? tc, prayers for you all xoxo