Growing aneurysm

Nine years ago, I was diagnosed with a 2mm annie and had it monitored since then-CT Angio every 2 years. After nine years, it decided to grow.. it is now a 4mm annie. It's still considered small, but they would like to do a Cerebral angio and/or possible coil. My other option is to continue monitoring... What would you guys do? Me? I'd like to continue monitoring, but sometimes... I do get intermittent symptoms of numbing, blurry visions, but never headaches...

Advice?????

Thanks!!

Sunrise,

With symptoms, I don't think I would stay with the wait and see any longer. I wasn't having symptoms with mine and I am very glad that I moved forward with treatment of my aneurysm. Had I not, I would not be here.

Carol

probably true... I'm just not sure if my symptoms are stress! Seriously, I didn't notice them until I found out that my annie grew!!

Hey Sunrise,

I agree with Carol, The blurred vision would be enough to startle me (that was my only symptom with mine and it only happened in the mornings upon waking), until not long after I experienced the headache from hell as mine was growing rather rapidly and as it did literally snapped my 3rd optic nerve in two ..Do you know which artery is affected?

Janet

thanks to you both.
Carol, it’s the internal Carotid artery

Remember when you make a decision...you need to do it based on what feels right for you...and you must have confidence in your Doctors...if you doubt anything...get a 2nd opinion...~ sending some positive vibes your way ~ Colleen

Thanks Colleen!!! Working on getting a 3rd opinion since the first was different from the second. 1st coil and possible stent… 2nd pipeline. It is only a 4mm and pipeline is generally for giant ones… Sigh

Hi Sunrise! I would- this sah rupture is very difficult- I don't mean to scare you tho. Once they access the femoral artery can they go ahead and coil since they will have the camera tube inserted already?? At any rate we'll keep you in thoughts and prayers~

thanks ron!!
yes, it sounds like they’d set me up for treatment (blood thinner) and go ahead and coil if it’s needed. my concern is that i have gotten two different procedure suggestions: coil and pipeline. i thought pipeline was for large annies. Mine is 4mm.
My other concern is the risk of rupture is 1%, but the risk of doing the procedure is 5%. My gutt tells me to continue to monitor… but it’s scary!
How are you doing? Sorry to hear that you had a rupture. Hope you’re doing well.
Thanks for the help.

thanks ron!!
yes, it sounds like they’d set me up for treatment (blood thinner) and go ahead and coil if it’s needed. my concern is that i have gotten two different procedure suggestions: coil and pipeline. i thought pipeline was for large annies. Mine is 4mm.
My other concern is the risk of rupture is 1%, but the risk of doing the procedure is 5%. My gutt tells me to continue to monitor… but it’s scary!
How are you doing? Sorry to hear that you had a rupture. Hope you’re doing well.
Thanks for the help.

Sunrise,

The angiogram is the best way for neurosurgeons to get the imaging inside the arteries and outside the arteries to be able to give you all of the options as to which procedures will work for you. That way you can make an informative decision. I know that my surgeon likes to take all of the images and study them at length before deciding which procedures are going to be an option for you. So he doesn't go into it with the idea of coiling while he is there. Because if Clipping is an option, as well, he wants the patient to be the one to make the decision. Once a coil is placed clipping most likely will not be able to be done.

Carol

and it could give me a chance to absorb the whole thing as well. Neither doctor felt clipping was needed, but i want to feel comfortable with either pipeline or coil.
thanks again!