Following up kinda freaking

Ok so I had my Annie coiled in February of this year . One week after successful coiling I was back in for SAH. I have made a full recovery .

My six month follow up showed another aneurysm that was not there in February . Of course it is too small too treat … I know you all understand the wait and see game … Sigh

I have headaches quite often and doctors ill not give me anything so I try to deal. Things that are most disturbing to me besides the fact I have an aneurysm we are watching - are the visual things I experience . I know others do as well - just very unsettling – I don’t know - guess I am just posting to vent -

Hey M45, we all feel the need to vent sometimes, I am sorry you had all this to deal with, I had 2 aneurysms one coiled after SAH and one coiled and stented a year later, we all understand how you are feeling, my GP in UK told me if my headaches were not eased by over the counter meds I should be worried, and to date, they have been, not always in their entirety I have to say, but a little, don't know if this is helping or not, but I just want to say take care of yourself, only you will know, happy Thanksgiving xxx

hi! yes venting is good for you and really for us too-it strengthens our comraderie and lessens our fears, sorry about the new one but glad your 100% recovered, glad your here, thanks for sharing!

Hi M45,

Jo said it well--the doctors work for us and not vice-versa, if you think you're getting nowhere with thedoctor then by all means, seek out a Neuoligist...they're trained to deal in pain management, and many people with aneurysms currently see a Neuoligist in addition to their Neurosurgeouns and General Practitioners. You know your body better then any doctor ever will, and if you've got pain then you've got pain that needs to be dealt with. Hope you find some relief soon,

Peace, Janet

ASK YOUR NEUROLOGIST ABOUT USING OXYGEN FOR HEADACHES. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE TANKS OWNED BY MY HUSBAND WHO SUFFERS CLUSTER MIGRAINE HEADACHES AND YEARS AGO HIS NEUROLOGIST PRESCRIBED IT FOR HIM. IT IS A GODSEND FOR ME AND MY PAIN MANAGEMENT. I DO NOT HANDLE MEDICATIONS VERY WELL. I PUT THE OXYGEN ON FOR 20-30 minutes and it gives me relief. Ask your Doctor. PRAYING FOR YOU.... Robin :)

Two things...Find a Neurologist to help with headaches...also, if you are uncomfortable with information Doctor is giving you...Find another Neurosurgeon...~ and anything that is so bad you cannot function...go to ER...ok three things...(smile here)...Colleen