First time unrupterd aneurysm

I had an aneurysm found back in October. Luckily they found it before it ruptured. Dr. Said it looked like it was about to rupture. I had an angiogram done to where it was coiled. We found because it actually was sitting on my 3rd optical nerve and closed my left eye. I’m on the road to recovery and am doing vision therapy which is going good eye has opened but my pupil is almost back to center of eye. I have a support system at home. I just feel like I can’t get control over my emotions or the what ifs. Has anyone else felt this way

1 Like

I’m a month post surgery and can clearly say my moods can be everywhere. I can tear up and the randomness things that it’s strange.
Our brains have been through trauma and it takes time to adjust. It’s ok that we feel this way. We need to give ourselves time and permission to heal. Everyone’s pace is different. A great thing to look up here is “ the letter from your brain” type it into search. It’s very comforting and reminds us to be patient.
We are a supportive community and are all here for each other.
Hang in there, one day at a time.

1 Like

"Has anyone else felt this way’ ???
OHH HELL YEA. I don’t believe that anybody can go through neurosurgery and not have that rollercoaster of emotions. You’re up. You’re down. you’re sideways… I was (and to a point still am) all over the place. As time has gone on, OK, so i’m getting a better handle on it, but it still takes time and some days are still as clear as mud. This is not an easy thing to come to terms with and anybody who tells you it is has NEVER been in this situation.
Slowly but surely we come to terms with it. We come to terms with the ‘what if’s’ but again, it takes time. Initially every ache, every pain and I was like “Is this it?” but over time I have learnt the signs.
For me I have pain, chronic pain each and every day. Initially my wife was ready to push the panic button every time I groaned. I was like walking on eggshells always concerned. But I’ve told her I’ll let her know if it’s more than normal. And that’s what I now look for, a progression of symptoms. If things are getting progressively worse and my normal management tools are not working, there’s an issue. So I let others around me know “Things are getting bad”, then if they progress they are aware.

I’m sorry to say it this way… …but its a time thing, it takes time. Takes time to learn the signs, takes time to read those signs, but you will learn them in time.

Merl from the Moderator Support Team

1 Like

Yes! I’m 7 months out from my aneurysm clipping and still have many emotions. I’m filled with enormous gratitude but then will feel down and then will feel guilty for feeling down when I know I should just be grateful all the time! It’s all ok and you’re not alone. Tony Nitti wrote a wonderful piece for Forbes magazine and it comes the closest to describing the experience for me. I don’t feel the huge fears he did but there is so much in it that hits home. I don’t have the link right now but if you Google it you’ll find it. He wrote it 5 years post aneurysm clipping. Hang in there!

1 Like

YES! 2 years out from first coiling, 3 months out from re-coiling/stint. Gratitude is there but very hard to keep in mind. Hang in there. Adjustment to a new ‘normal’ is slow and I believe time, only time can help us heal emotionally.

1 Like