Finally Ready to Share…

I suffered a brain aneurysm at age 25…it occurred during the middle of a job interview…I felt the worse headache of my life it felt like my skull was caving in between my eyes. I had to stop the interviewers to let them know I was experiencing a horrible headache…I then became really hot and began vomiting ….911 was called and I was told that I was having a chronic headache caused my stress but I continued to vomit and felt horrible so I was taken to a local hospital nearby which was right down the street from the place I was interviewing which is where I found out I had a bleed on my brain . I was then rushed to a larger hospital via helicopter where I was kept stabilized over night and had emergency surgery early the next morning. My family all came to make sure I was ok and to see me before I went off to surgery since no one really knew what the outcome could potentially be. I came out of surgery and remained in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks. I spent two months out of work recovering and resting. I was blessed to have no deficiencies following my aneurysm . I returned back to my job at that time full time like I hadn’t missed a beat. I am now employed with the organization where I interviewed and had the aneurysm and I’m doing great here and I’ve had an opportunity to advance and begin my career as a staff development trainer and supervisor over the department.I am now 28 years old and the only thing left I would say from my aneurysm is headaches, I have them from time to time but I take Tylenol or Aleve, drink herbal teas and take a moment to remind myself to relax and unwind. I am so blessed and I hope my story reaches someone. I’m grateful for finding this site to share my story. #survivor

15 Likes

Hey Charnett,
Welcome to Ben’s Friends.
What a great story, we love to hear success stories like your own

We’re grateful you found us too :grinning:

Merl from the Modsupport Team

3 Likes

@Charnett93, you’re amazing! We are glad you found us as well! Welcome to the group.

All the best,
Moltroub

2 Likes

Thank you!

@Charnett93
Thank you for posting your story. It will definitely help someone to read about this. Live your life to the fullest. I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

@Charnett93
So very Happy all went well for you! I wish for you continued health Always! God Bless :pray:t4:

1 Like

So happy everything went well! You’re so lucky! And I’m so glad you went back to interview again and they gave you another chance :heartpulse: continue being fabulous!

2 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for sharing your success story with us, I am sure some who are waiting for treatment or on watch will appreciate hearing this outcome for certain.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing & welcome…its a very helpful site
Congrats on the job, you gave them an interview they will never forget (lol)

2 Likes

Great story and wonderful outcome.

1 Like

Wow! You are blessed! We are all blessed that we are here and part of bafsupport group. Congrats on being able to move forward in your life and your career! I wish all good things for you.

1 Like

Your story is almost identical to mine - except I was not in a job interview when I got my headache. What a time to have it happen! SO glad all has worked out for you since. Like you, the main symptom I am left with is headaches, and finally “post stroke migraines” is recognized as a real thing by medical professionals. Thank you for sharing your story. So happy that you are doing well!

2 Likes

Thank you Dorothy!

So very happy to hear you are well after all that. One day at a time. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Hello Charnett93
I am so happy to hear that you are doing well! My third “annieversary” is around the corner. Just like you, I have been doing well :pray: Thanks for sharing your story and take good care of yourself. You got this!!

1 Like

What a blessing for you! March was my 4th year anniversary since my surgery and I’m basically living my best life. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you !

Thank you!