DVT, PE and Aneurysms

That time frame is probably normal. My wife was scanned after six months, then a year later, and then two years after that. Those were angiograms. Since everything looks good, she will need an MRI in about 3 years, but that can be done anywhere and the results sent in.

TMG1297 said:

I have always worried about other complications but just got word that I won't be scanned again for 18 months which seems a long time. Is this normal? A neurosurgeon mentioned coil compaction but what kind of timescale does that occur in?

Hello, Hammer, I had a SAH in August 2012. During exploratory surgery, they found 2 unruptured aneurysms; one was coiled, the other is being watched (neither were the cause for the SAH)P.

My medical history includes a DVT and pulmonary embolism in 2002, ten years prior. After surgery, I was taken off 81mg daily of baby aspirin. In October 2014 (10 months ago), I had a superficial DVT on my left calf, and I'm back on the aspirin. I'm doing quite well! I'm finished my f/u with a hem/onc and general PC. Recently, I had stomach problems but otherwise I'm doing well.

Best, BeeNYC

Great…thanks for your reply.