Difficult coping with late effects of brain injury

Hi Dan, First off I want to say thanks for sharing with us. For me asking for help, especially help with my feelings or behaviour, can be the hardest part. I hope we can help in some way. From your posting I have two initial ideas.
Firstly, is it possible that it is a medication side effect or a side effect caused by two or more meds interacting… A lot of meds have medium and long term effects that are quite surprising when you look them up. My pharmacist has been more helpful with these kinds of questions than my Doctor, but researching meds on the internet my self has been the most effective approach.
Secondly, I think that Jill Max has a good idea. Some professional counselling might help. I had not thought of PTSD in relation to our kinds of brain injures, but why not? I know my brain bleed was traumatic for me and I am sure yours had to be too.
I hope you find some help, here or elsewhere. Good luck and please keep us updated, we all benefit when a fellow survivor will share openly with us.

2 Likes