Curious about this procedure

Has anyone had a cisternogram?? I had my double aneurysms 12/09...followed by 2 more er surgeries. Now I have massive headaches by my shunt; seizures; narcolepsy; can't drive....the headaches have increased?? Of all the seizure meds...bad side effects...my brain just gets in these uncontrolable loops....Dr did not really explain what this test is..6 hours 1st day; then 1 hour the rest of week....seriouly, wasn't surviving a ruptured double and torn carotid enough???

1. A cisternogram is an examination of the spinal fluid flow that surrounds the spinal cord. The spinal canal extends from the lumbar spine (lower back) into the brain and is filled with spinal fluid. This is from googling the term. I would ask your Dr. why you need this test.

Elle...I do not recall specifics... it relates to the CSF flow with and/or without a shunt... ?

I know several who have had shunts that needed adjustments...I do not know about a lengthy week long test of them...but that could be from differences in procedures...and/or memory lapses of words.

Will you be kept in the hospital the week of testing? I so hope you are...

Prayers for your testing results and adjustments that can/may be done to relieve pressure.

I’ve never heard of this test. You should at least call the clinic where it’s done and ask them to explain it to you. Lots of luck.

David Andrus, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I am having one this week. I tried to reply earlier but it didn’t go through. The worst part is how long the scans take. I am having one w nuclear medicine and the first day I had to get a spinal tap to get the nuc med in my spine. That was the only discomfort that day. The follow ups are just uncomfortable bc you have to lay on a glass table and be still for an hour or so at a time. All the best, and let me know if you have specific questions that haven’t already been answered.
Tiffany
Columbus, Ohio

Tiffany..did you stay in...or have to commute daily for a week?

Tiffany Fry said:

I am having one this week. I tried to reply earlier but it didn't go through. The worst part is how long the scans take. I am having one w nuclear medicine and the first day I had to get a spinal tap to get the nuc med in my spine. That was the only discomfort that day. The follow ups are just uncomfortable bc you have to lay on a glass table and be still for an hour or so at a time. All the best, and let me know if you have specific questions that haven't already been answered.
Tiffany
Columbus, Ohio

Thanks for all your kind words and advice....I am just so tired of procedures and hospitals. I am greatful....just tired of all the mishaps and falling between the gaps!

patioplans said:

Tiffany..did you stay in...or have to commute daily for a week?

Tiffany Fry said:

I am having one this week. I tried to reply earlier but it didn't go through. The worst part is how long the scans take. I am having one w nuclear medicine and the first day I had to get a spinal tap to get the nuc med in my spine. That was the only discomfort that day. The follow ups are just uncomfortable bc you have to lay on a glass table and be still for an hour or so at a time. All the best, and let me know if you have specific questions that haven't already been answered.
Tiffany
Columbus, Ohio