Curiosidad

I was coiled in Feb. 2010 and have had it every since. At times, it seems louder than others. But I have gotten kind of used to it so it doesn't aggravate me as much as it did in the beginning.

thanks a todos saludos desde colombia

Marcela, mi nombre es Miguel Rodríguez y sólo te comento que yo tuve una intervención para enclipar un aneurisma en la arteria comunicante anterior, ya hace más de 3 años y recuerdo que pasé muchísimo tiempo en terapia intensiva. Pasaron muchos días antes de volver a sentirme con cierta normalidad, pues la sensación de los puntos dura mucho tiempo.

Espero sinceramente te sirva mi comentario y te de tranquilidad.

Atentamente

Miguel Rodríguez Sáez.

Hi, I experienced a ruptured cerebral aneurysm with Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in April 2012. I had a coiling procedure. Initially, I did not have tinnitus. I had a rebleed in October 2012 and began having tinnitus 24 hours a day, everyday; and have since then. Mine is a loud shriek in both ears. It kinda reminds me of the test on television of “the emergency broadcast system” if you know what I mean. It is very high pitched. I have mentioned it to my neurologist and have been evaluated by an ENT (ear, nose & throat) doc. They agree is it a result of the rupture and will not likely go away since I have had it for more than a year.
It took me some time, but after a while ya kinda block it out. If I focus on it…it drives me crazy and interferes with me falling asleep.

Thanks for sharing this Teresa, this is new and definitely like the test patterns on tv. It seems constant, although at times it seems less "loud". It is not fading despite treatment for sinus infection for a week. My Primary care doc wants to see me again in a few weeks, she said she saw fluid in ears and recommended mucinex. No clue what fluid in ears is or means and if it is related to sinus or other infection. I'll try to see the doc as soon as this antibiotic is finished. These odd things are tiresome. I searched online just to see if it could be a symptom of coiling or bleeding problems or aneurysm but can't see anything that makes sense. I have an appointment soon with a neurologist. It doesn't seem like an emergency but sure is annoying. Thanks for listening! :D

Teresa said:

Hi, I experienced a ruptured cerebral aneurysm with Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in April 2012. I had a coiling procedure. Initially, I did not have tinnitus. I had a rebleed in October 2012 and began having tinnitus 24 hours a day, everyday; and have since then. Mine is a loud shriek in both ears. It kinda reminds me of the test on television of "the emergency broadcast system" if you know what I mean. It is very high pitched. I have mentioned it to my neurologist and have been evaluated by an ENT (ear, nose & throat) doc. They agree is it a result of the rupture and will not likely go away since I have had it for more than a year.
It took me some time, but after a while ya kinda block it out. If I focus on it....it drives me crazy and interferes with me falling asleep.

Found this on American Tinnitus Association. Who knew Mindfullness would help?

http://www.ata.org/for-patients/treatment

Thanks for this, I have been doing mindfulness for a while, looks like I better do it longer and every day O;

KD - let us know if it helps, even a little bit is better than nothing.

Do you still have it? Mine began immediately after the surgery, when i awoke I noticed it.