Coiling

I have a no ruptured aneurysm in the left carotid artery of my brain and will go for the coiling procedure on October 31. I will appreciate any feedback from people this procedure was performed in the past, mainly symptoms, medications (for how long) after procedure and time to return to normal life.
You are a fantastic group,thank you,

Mbcita

My medications after coiling were Plavix and 325 mg aspirin...done with aspirin after a few months and aspirin~ I must continue for the rest of my life. Main symptom afterwards for me were bad migraines...lasted about 3 months ... then I went to a couple a month...I had complications, but really returned to life after about 6 months...and then one year started feeling more and more human...I still have some effects, but they are just my new normal...(droopy eye and pain...neck pain...loud noises and bright lights are hard on me...)...~ Colleen

Colleen your information is very helpful for me. I know each person is different but been aware of other people experiences, give me an idea what to expect after the procedure. I hope in the near future you are completely free of these unwanted effects
Thank you

hi mbcita! no meds just Tylenol , I felt really weak but I had sah 3 yrs prior. when I walked out of there my sisters words didn't make sense and I thought I was going to faint, they should of gave me a wheelchair but luckily there was a café on the way out and I was able to recoup. I called them the next day and they said nothing they did would cause me feeling weak and I probably had the flu. Hang in there-keeping you in thoughts and prayers~

Ron and Jo, thank you very much for your input. I have a fusiform aneurysm and it is not clear to me how the doctor will perform coiling without using stent. Do you have any information that you could share with me?

hi mbcita! sorry no info to share- I did look but cannot find info on unstented fusiform coiling- let us know if you can please!