Choose Coiling

I had pain across the bridge of my nose for years. I had about 4 Cat Scans of the sinuses and was always told I’m fine. Last summer my eyes started to bother me . The headaches became constant. I went to the eye doctor. Eyes were fine. ENT, sinuses were fine. In January I was told, 2 aneurysms behind the left eye. On March 9, 2010, I had the coiling procedure. The procedure itself is not bad but I had cluster headaches after the procedure for about 2 weeks. It’s been 5 weeks now and I still have a headache in my forehead. I’ve read that it could take awhile but the headache will go away. Does anyone know? I am also very fatigued. The doctor said it could be the Plavix. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

I had the coil surgery for one of my aneursyms in December and the Doctor did say with this type of coil they used that the only side effect could be headaches for up to six weeks. I didn’t get the headaches but I got ocular migraines which I got right after surgery and I took Methapredisone (sp?) which the Doctor had prescribed it is a really strong steroid. Like Jim said below, call your Doctor if you don’t feel good just to make sure, I have been in contact with my Doctor several times since and my procedure was three months ago. I was also on Plavix and daily aspirin, Plavix can effect people different ways but I was fine with it. Remember, you are still healing, I was told at least a three month healing process. Hope you feel better.

Briege Debold said:

I had the coil surgery for one of my aneursyms in December and the Doctor did say with this type of coil they used that the only side effect could be headaches for up to six weeks. I didn’t get the headaches but I got ocular migraines which I got right after surgery and I took Methapredisone (sp?) which the Doctor had prescribed it is a really strong steroid. Like Jim said below, call your Doctor if you don’t feel good just to make sure, I have been in contact with my Doctor several times since and my procedure was three months ago. I was also on Plavix and daily aspirin, Plavix can effect people different ways but I was fine with it. Remember, you are still healing, I was told at least a three month healing process. Hope you feel better.

Hi Maria,

I have had both ruptured clipped and unruputured coiled. I get headaches quite often but that was before my coiling so I beleive it was due to my rupture. I am also very fatigued, if you look around the site, there are a lot of people that complain of fatigue. I also am one. Jim is right, oyu should contact your dr. about them if you are concerned. 5 Weeks the healing process is just begining and it will get better with time. I know this might seem lke a crazy question but before did you get sinus headaches?
Take Care
Ken

Ken Stratmann said:

Hi Maria,

I have had both ruptured clipped and unruputured coiled. I get headaches quite often but that was before my coiling so I beleive it was due to my rupture. I am also very fatigued, if you look around the site, there are a lot of people that complain of fatigue. I also am one. Jim is right, oyu should contact your dr. about them if you are concerned. 5 Weeks the healing process is just begining and it will get better with time. I know this might seem lke a crazy question but before did you get sinus headaches?

Take Care

Ken

Yes, sinus headaches are what caused me to eventually go to the Neurologist. They never went away.

Maria H said:

Ken Stratmann said:
Hi Maria,

Take Care

Ken

Hello. After I had my coiling procedure I was on Plavix for quite a while. I was constantly getting dizzy and weak!I I thought it was the after effect of the surgery. The Plavix not only made me more fatigued, but it caused me to suffer from low blood pressure to the point of having a tilt table test to verify that I was indeed having severe drops in BP. During the test they stopped it just short of me passing out! At first they thought I was having issues with my heart as I have a leaky valve. The doctors didn’t tie the Plavix to the low BP, but I knew that I hadn’t had those symptoms before the Plavix and the surgery. I continued taking the Plavix for months, but eventually my doctor agreed to take me off of it as long as I agreed to continue to take a full strength aspirin daily. When I was having low BP I was taking both the Plavix and the Aspirin. After stopping the Plavix I don’t have drops in BP as low and I’m more functional now. I’m even back to working out with weights and my trainer doesn’t let me take it easy just because I have a coiled aneurysm!

Things will get better.

That’s is exactly how I feel. Thanks for responding

Thomasina Tijerina said:

Hello. After I had my coiling procedure I was on Plavix for quite a while. I was constantly getting dizzy and weak!I I thought it was the after effect of the surgery. The Plavix not only made me more fatigued, but it caused me to suffer from low blood pressure to the point of having a tilt table test to verify that I was indeed having severe drops in BP. During the test they stopped it just short of me passing out! At first they thought I was having issues with my heart as I have a leaky valve. The doctors didn’t tie the Plavix to the low BP, but I knew that I hadn’t had those symptoms before the Plavix and the surgery. I continued taking the Plavix for months, but eventually my doctor agreed to take me off of it as long as I agreed to continue to take a full strength aspirin daily. When I was having low BP I was taking both the Plavix and the Aspirin. After stopping the Plavix I don’t have drops in BP as low and I’m more functional now. I’m even back to working out with weights and my trainer doesn’t let me take it easy just because I have a coiled aneurysm!

Things will get better.

Hey, this is old! Closing it to posts, feel free to start a new thread