Celebrating 3 year "Anniversary" of rupture

Rocking and singing to babies - yes! I did it a few times and it was amazing. Only bad thing was I didn’t want to let go :). That is something I would like to do again and I will when I go to part time work or retire. And in another year you may be well enough to do some paid work again even if it’s not what you did previously. There are many disabled people who DO work. Just give it some time.

Awesome! Inspiration and encouragement for me. Blessings!

Congrats on your anniversary! I’m curious what the signs and symptoms you had of a pulmonary aneurysm?

Pulmonary embolism not aneurysm- it is a blood clot in.the lungs - often occurs after surgery

Have u gotten your taste buds back? If so how long did it take? I am getting worried and frustrated!

Jennifer said:

Hi Shorty and Too Sweet-

Yes, I did lose some of my taste and almost ALL of my ability to smell. I only smell some things and not accurately. I also lost vision in my right eye because my first surgeon totally screwed up the surgery and made some big mistakes, and I had to find a second surgeon to fix everything. It was a very scary time and I owe the second surgeon my life.

My short- term memory is not so great but my job requires a great memory - so many clients! - so I write every single thing down and that helps. Not sure if your mom can try to write things down but when you see something in your own handwriting it helps to jog the memory. Being 77 makes it harder for your mom - I was 42 when it happened. But it’s only been a month for her so she may have lots of improvement coming in the next year.

Have patience! Things usually do improve with time. For 18 months at least I went to bed at 7pm every night, way before my kids! I think it’s from being tired but also depression and being scared makes you sleep…to tune it out. Your mom is lucky to have you helping.

I was never able to find a local support group so I come to this online group sometimes. I’m also going to head in to NYC next month to check out a group that meets there.

Best wishes to both of you!!

1 Like

congrates!! i hope your loved ones "get it"- the importance of our anniversaries and does something special, if not you do it! I did that yr 5 and took c'g's/ family out to dinner and toasted them! I will not forget that one! i'm 7 yrs post sah, tc