Cause of aneurysm?

An aneurysm was found in my head four years ago. I don't remember anything that happened around the surgery time. My question is what may have created the aneurysm. I had hayfever allergy for 38 years. I had a husband that used my head as a bat on the floor, wall and hood on a car. I had four daughters that I tried to keep active in activities in their schools. Please let me know if any of these things would have led to an aneurysm.

I believe head trauma can cause an aneurysm. Smoking, high blood pressure, and family history too. Also, some people are just born with them. There is no rhyme or reason to it sometimes. I know it's terrible to think about, but many people have them and don't even know that they do. You are truly blessed to have found out and be given a second chance at life.

Sadly, there is no real definitive answer on what exactly causes an aneurysm to form. Each and every person is different. Unless I am wrong, and I hope someone else can provide some more insight.

Hello Woonie,

Kirbiboh gave good information below....They'yre finding our more and more as the years wear on ofcourse, and have been drawn to conclude that perhaps a Connective Tissue Disorder or Kidney disease could be precursors to an aneurysm forming--but not enough is known yet. They do know that family history plays a big role, and that lots of people have them and die before they're ever discovered due to 'old age' , etc. Glad yours was found..

Peace, Janet

Other than generic's...Doctors do not know what causes a Brain aneurysm...but they do know what will cause it to rupture sooner than later...smoking, binge drinking, high bp, constipation, high stress, a brain injury, etc.,

If you click about at BAF Website ... there is more information at the BAF foundation on Brain aneurysm's...Hope it helps you out...~ Wishing you a good day ~ Colleen

Woonie...welcome...and, so hope we all can share so much...My heart goes out for you in all you have gone through...

Interesting that you mention hayfever...I had extreme hay fever from childhood...hid from pollen to douglas fir...I could not even walk down the aisle of cleaner fragrances...or sit thru dust at airfares, etc... that is one thing I have never thought about w/aneurysms...Do you still have hay fever? Hope others will share if they had or still have hayfever...

You have lots of response from a number of our members...

Prayers for your learning and sharing with us all

Pat

Hi Pat...I had bad and continue to have bad Hayfever...~ interesting, huh? ~ Colleen

Hi Pat

I have never known that there was someone that lived a life like mine with hay fever.

You definitely described my entire childhood and years of adulthood until my surgery.

I have no symptoms of the allergy now. I was the only one in the house that if you added up the "well" time I had, it was about two weeks out of the year. I am a little thankful for the surgery I had because my doctor took out two things...the aneurysm and my allergy.

Woonie...

I do not know if I have any now...for decades I have been w/co-ops and/or Trader Joe's... and, do not get near any old fashioned cleaner aisles...

As a child...so bad...to congestion...in those days, we did not have masks, etc... ad, no children want to stay inside in otherwise great good weather...

I seldom got a cold/flu...and, (in the old days...before all the vaccines) had quick recovery of measles, chicken pox...

You were blessed...I was coiled...definitely would prefer manageable pollens...