Can I fly to Vegas 9hrs?

I have a coiled 7mm aneurysm and a baby 1mm aneurysm that has not been treated. My husband is taking me to Vegas to see the Mayweather fight. But my family members are telling me after searching on Google and other websites it is up and down some say yes and some say no. I tried calling my neurologist but I have to wait for my appointment to see and speak to her. So I’m confused tickets and hotel are bought so now this stress about not being able to go. Please if anyone knows the answer please let me know.

Do you still see your Neurosurgeon? You might want to call them. How far away is your Neurologist’s appointment?

I have a PED and flew with no problems before or after.

I had a rupture with coiling and PED 26 months ago (Feb 2013) and I fly frequently. My first trip was to puerto rico from washington DC when I was only 18 months out from surgery. Also flew across country to CA at 19 months. No problems and no issues. I just made my second trip to puerto rico (we have friends who moved there so it's a free place to stay and beautiful for vacations). You may want to ask your dr just to ease your mind, but my dr said "life your life to the fullest" and I am doing just that :) Have fun in Vegas!

Thanx all I am very excited to hear that you flew to all these beautiful places I was scared thank u all for you comments

Don't be afraid to fly, I haven't had a problem since my aneurysm 15 years ago. Just be careful.

Hi, My mum had one of her aneurysms coiled 2 1/2 years ago after it had burst. Less than a year later we all flew from London uk to Tampa. Her neurosurgeon gave her a letter stating she was safe to fly.

She did not experience any problems and we are planning our next trip to Florida in June this year. I hope this helps xx

I just had my aneurysm repaired 2 wks ago (coil and PED). It was 10mm. I was having some head pressure and vision problems after the surgery, so my surgeon wanted to see me. During the visit, I asked if there were any restrictions at all, and they told me "none". I asked if I could play tennis and fly (I have a couple trips coming up), and they said yes, absolutely. I don't have another aneurysm, but with it being only 1mm....definitely check with your doctor, but I was told I could fly (and that I would not have a problem with the airport security checks--the PED and coil will not activate them). Hope this helps! Best of luck!

thank you all this is Ben so not stressful hearing all your comments I appreciate all of you I will speak to my neurologist and I will let you guys know but so far it looks like I’m going to Vegas

Madeleine Osgood said:

Hi, My mum had one of her aneurysms coiled 2 1/2 years ago after it had burst. Less than a year later we all flew from London uk to Tampa. Her neurosurgeon gave her a letter stating she was safe to fly.

She did not experience any problems and we are planning our next trip to Florida in June this year. I hope this helps xx I forgot to mention she also has 2 small unruptured aneurysm and they are still happy for her to fly.

Let us know how the fight goes! Oh and some words of wisdom in Vegas - only take what you can afford to lose. Keep some put back that you can get home on - food, drink etc. and never cash in your plane ticket to gamble:). And another I learned at 21- if there is slots for five quarters in, put five quarters in or the man in line next to you waiting for the show will get really upset when you hit the big one and didnt have enough in for the full payout…

Not a problem

I had already scheduled a 12+ hour flight to New Zealand when I found out I had an aneurysm. Dr said GO and will do clipping when I get back. Surgery was in January and no restrictions about flying. Have fun in Vegas!!!

I am travelling around Europe right now! No issues flying and I had a clipping. I had a one month restriction after surgery and nothing before surgery with the unruptured aneurysm.

Go!! No worries! I flew many long hours with my uncoiled and unclipped aneurysm and I have flown back to Europe and to Mexico since then. I couldn’t tell any difference and I had a great time both times! You will be fine. Live your life without worry. Trust your doctors advice and go for it!

Go!!! I went and have had no treatments, had no issues with the flight at all!! We even took a helicopter tour through the Grand Canyon!!! Have a great time, I’m looking forward to going back!!

You all are amazing thanx for all your comments I’m going and can’t wait to get back and let you all know about my experience on the long flights. God bless you all and thank you for always being there when I’m so lost and confused.

So glad I read everyone's advice. I am flying for the first time in May since my rupture. Was feeling very anxious.