Blood thinners and aneurysm

My mom went to the ER for a possible heart attack, her BP was 200/119 around there. That’s how they found the aneurysms. She had uncontrolled high BP for decades that she didn’t take anything for. Plus she was a smoker. It’s not ideal I guess, but having high blood pressure and an aneurysm isn’t good either. She quit smoking cold turkey and now has to remain on BP meds forever.

Exact same situation! Had unruptured brain aneurysm clipped in 2016.less than a year later. Pe in both lungs. On elaquis also. My primary wanted to take me off, my brain surgeon wouldn’t give an opinion I saw a hemotologist. He said my chance of another pe is greater than a brain bleed. But still I’m scared Either way I feel like a ticking time bomb

I am on baby aspirin and plavix after having my annie treated with 21 coils and 2 stents in Dec. of last year. I will be on them told otherwise. The alternative going off them is not pretty! (Clots…)

what dosage of aspirin are you on?

I to had a anne in my brain. They only put me on 81 mils aspirin. What’s up with that?

@stanleybandur I only need 81mg after stent placement, no aspirin at all for the rupture and next two coilings. It’s just what your surgeon determined to be best course of action for you personally and their experience.