Blood flow post aneurysm clipping?

Hello all,

It has been some time since I have been on this site. It has been about 2 years and 8 months since my aneurysm ruptured and was clipped. As you all know, it has been a hellish two years with many days on a what I can only describe as a roller coaster.

My aneurysm was in my left carotid artery and because of the shape and size of the aneurysm that ruptured, my doctor had to clip a significant portion of the artery. So, I am left with severe stenosis of this artery (80 to 99% bloackage).

For the first 9 months post aneurysm I dealt with unexplained (maybe explained I guess) high blood pressure. I was worried my heart was failing.

Suddlenly over the coarse of just a few days my blood pressure normalized and was OK. However, during this time as well I noticed some other changes to my body (not erectile dysfunction but changes to amount of blood flow when not erect).

That problem has not gone away and frankly is one of the main defecits I am still dealing with (anxiety and depression come and go but are mostly under control).

Has anyone else dealt with or read about possible blood flow changes to other organs or parts of your body following a brain aneurysm clipping, especially where artery blockage is present?

I was drinking a glass of wine, maybe a glass and a half each night to deal with anxiety and help sleep. I stopped doing that in the event it was the alcohol but that made no change whatsoever (probably good overall to stop the wine each night anyway).

Just wondering if there is any knowledge or thoughts on this topic? My doctor said my brain had to go through a significant reconfiguration in blood flow, leaving me to wonder what other side effects or impacts this may have had on other parts of my body.

By the way, for those dealing with anxiety, depression and sleep problems, I have found a mix of herbs that have helped that you may be interested in researching.

Chamomile, lemon balm, passion flower and valerian root help with anxiety and falling asleep.

Holy basil helps with anxiety.

Rhodiola Rosea has helped with depression and anxiety.

They may work well (or not) for you, but thought I would pass it along. I have been a human guinea pig for natural solutions to some of the post-trauma effects.

Hope you all recover one day at a time.

Wayne