Bigger neck

On Friday I found out that one of my aneurysms that has been coiled that the neck is wider. Should I be worried? Please help

What did your neuro tell you? You need to rely on the expertise of your doctor. I don’t believe you have reason to worry.

My aneurysm has 4mm opening that did not allow for coiling alone, a stent had to be used. As a consequence I have six devices in my head, 5 of the coiling “necklaces”(my description) and the stent to keep them in the aneurysm. Your doctor probably saw that your coils were staying in place without the stent, so he did not use one. Also, having a stent installed necessitates taking Plavix, a powerful anti-platelet along with 325mgs aspirin for six months. I wish I could have avoided this drug cocktail.

I have a stent already through an artery that has 4 Annie’s on it. That cocktail was not fun. Ty

Kool...do you mean (did your doc mean?) that the neck has widened since the coiling? Or is it the same as when it was coiled?

How far is it from the existing stent(s) implanted?

I was yet still hospitalized when the initial stents were implanted...and, I have not checked if any diff drugs were given at a specific time...

Only aspirin were continued on me post-discharge...On my last f/u angio and another stent implant (I had only one small PCOM aneurysm... and, have a known 3 stents...My hospital records do not qualify any Plavix...injected or oral...heavens there were a lot of other drugs..

At the time of the last f/u /stent, I was placed on Plavix for 8 weeks which was stopped early; then because of the continued heavy bruising from aspirin, they were reduced to the 81 mg and then I stopped those...some years back...

Do ask your doctor IF the neck has widened since initial coiling...and, for his/her super opinion on status...

Wishing you best...

Oh sorry I misunderstood! I hope you can get more information from your doctor ASAP. Call the assistant for answers, if you cannot reach the neurosurgeon immediately.

You have a stent, but how is the stent positioned in relationship to the four aneurysms and in particular to the one that has widened at the base? Was this change discovered after an angiogram?