Anxiety after PED

I had a PED placed in a wide neck behind my right eye 18 months ago. I have never had anxiety prior to surgery but now find myself having horrible anxiety. Has anyone else experienced this? I still struggle with some memory issues and a few silent migraines but my last angio done 8 months ago looked good.

@heatherm

I had a PED and Coil placed in Dec. 2017 to address a unruptured large cavernous fusiform aneurysm measuring 22.1 mm x
22.3mm x 15.1mm. in my right ophthalmic artery.

I’ve not experienced anxiety increases but do seem to have become more introverted than I was. I think it may be that the quiet is easier than stimulation. Because of the size and location of the aneurysm I still have issues with my vision. I have worked with guided meditation throughout this process to help me deal with the anxiety that I have experienced. My favorites are on You Tube…the Honest Guys, I like the accent and there are lot’s of good options.

Perhaps this will help you as well.

1 Like

Thank you. I will look at them.

Oh yes, more anxious now than before.

I had no emotions for the longest time after my rupture, and was relieved when they started coming back to me. Since my emotions came back I always get anxious before an MRA. My partner gets anxious before my angiograms and coilings. I’ve had many angiograms and according to my doc, have become an expert on closure devices. roflol. The last one felt different and I couldn’t get her then NP to understand that it didn’t feel the same, so we thought something was wrong. I became very anxious, called the doctors office and said “I’m not playing with her anymore”. (I have issues with using the right words, it’s usually something we laugh at.)

They gave me a new NP and she figured it out in about two minutes. The knowing stopped the anxiety faster than I can type. Luckily I didn’t need to learn about the closure devices they use in the arms which is the route she is taking now. I’m on a two year sabbatical from her!

The things I do for anxiety - deep breathing, exercise, usually walk abouts with my pups, “piddle around” - whether fixing or tearing something up, I find it to be cathartic even if it’s just for the time I’m in it. I’m quite good at tearing things up, takes a good long bit to fix things. I was active in Tai Chi until the class stopped. I really enjoyed that it helped everything.

My PCP did give me some medicine, I’ve taken it 3-4 times in the last year when I’m in situations that really make me anxious, usually involving situations where there are a lot of other people and once at a family holiday celebration when everything became too loud, too bright, too many people in my space and I couldn’t get away by myself. I was rarely bothered by anxiety before rupture and had a very stressful job, deep breathing exercises always got me through those times. Now I have a pill to help when needed. If my PCP thinks I’m taking too much, I have to see a therapist, this I’m very careful on when I take it and always tell my partner.