Angio pressing closed left artery in neck?

Had my angio last thurs looking at the new aneurysm on my left side , said that one they weren't worried about because the whole vein was enlarged ?? ( what would cause that ) but on the right side they spent a long time pressing too close off the vein in the left side of the neck 5/6 time they did this .. ?? I thought I heard one doctor say to call or ... but then nothing after that , am I wrong in thinking they found a bleed , that had stopped ?? Doc did tell me found 2 on the right side , one was small 2cm ... I was kind of in and out , so I didn't think to ask about other .. waiting for follow up apt with him

Wow Cathy, may I suggest you give your doctor a call on Monday to clarify what you heard. Did you have someone there with you that the doctor may have spoken with after your angiogram?

my husband wasn't expecting me out for another 45 min , so he had stepped out too get breakfast ...

It happens a lot that way doesn’t it? One time after my second coiling, the nurse was supposed to wait with my partner…nurse moved me, Doctor couldn’t find us…luckily I called the triage nurse the next week who had the information. Also Wake Forest has a patient site they just changed for immediate results. Does your facility have something like that?

they do , just list unruptered brain aneurysm , nothing else

I’d go with that until Monday, a little piece of mind doesn’t hurt-ever-then call the contact person. Dr. Wolfe doesn’t have a PA anymore due to downsizing, but Jennifer, her triage nurse is fantastic! I just talked with her on Friday and told her how much I appreciated simple layman’s English and not medical speak:)

Cathy...if/when you call...ask if they were checking a vein vs artery...

Arteries carry blood to the brain; the veins carry it away from and thru the heart/system...

Ask for name /segments they were checking ... have identified...

also...clarify if 2 mm or 2 cm...there is quite a diff in size... 2 cm would be 20 mm...

Keep us informed...

Pat

I have called , waiting for a call back ... yeah a lot of info given too me , when I was very hazy , so I hope I can get some of the ?? answered BEFORE my apt in 2 weeks !!! Thanks for your help !!! :)

Be patient, sometimes my nurse can’t call until the next day or two because she always speaks to my doctor. Well sometimes she doesn’t have to, but then she does and calls me back, even if we chatted. Sometimes the answer is simply I don’t know, and as frustrating as it seems, it’s the truth. One of my friends became really agitated with the I don’t knows and said “Well exactly what do they know?” In my quicker moment, I simply said - how to save my life, it was brain surgery after all. I don’t have too many quick moments anymore but it’s still funny if you could’ve seen her face and my lack of affect at the time.