Aneurysms are spotlighted tonight (9/2/10) on Nightline in Primetime (10:00 PM EST)

Tonight there will be a special on ABC on the program Nightline in Primetime (check your local listings) tonight (9/2/10) for those that are interested. I believe there is an actual aneurysm surgery (craniotomy) filmed DURING a rupture. It might be hard to watch, but interesting.

Nightline in Primetime has been doing a series about the brain, and you can watch/read earlier episodes at http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/Prime/

JulieNH

Oh i so wish i had seen this post earlier, i so would have watched. I will looking seeing how i can get a transcript or perhaps get a copy…i forget and there for a dollar short and a day late…kind of have to laugh.

Anyone see, and any thing that you thought stood out?

jane

Jane,

You can see the episode by clicking on the above link, scroll down to the aneurysm section.

I’m glad I saw it, but as I watched it, I realize how stressed I was getting, and my heart was really racing when the aneurysm ruptured.

JulieNH

Thank you so much for posting this link. I didn’t see it in time to see the program on TV, but watched the video from the link and it was so interesting. Wasn’t sure if I would be able to take watching the craniotomy (I had one, and didn’t know if I wanted to see it or not), but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. (if you can’t handle seeing blood, be advised it does show in graphic detail - so you may want to think twice about it). Still, thanks for the link, it was really interesting to watch.

Wow-just watched the segment. I had a craniotomy too and that was very interesting to watch!

Jada and Amy,

If you go to www,youtube.com and enter “brain aneurysm” into the search box there are all sorts of videos about coiling, clipping, recovery, etc. that are really woth checking out.

It took me a couple of years to be able to watch some of them. I’m the queezy type about blood anyway.

JulieNH