Aneurysm size and location? To treat or not to treat?

Hi,

I had one rupture behind my right eye (4mm)Aug 2010 it was clipped and I have another one (approx. 1mm) being watched now which is on my left side. I have yearly CT angiograms done.

I worry all the time....but have learned to manage the stress. I go to meditation, yoga and keep busy. When things get really bad I remember all of us survivors have guardian angels. We are still here. I pray and find reciting the Serenity Prayer really helps. This site will really help.....sending positive thoughts your way...shirl

Pat,

I actually was admitted to the hospital from the ER as I was having severe pain in my left arm and my left and turned completely white. THere was no blood flow getting into my left hand so I was admitted becuase they thought I had a blood clot (which I did) and in doing an MRA to start from my head down to find the blood clot, they found my 2 annies. I had no symptoms which would have indicated anything going on in my head.

And as for the feeling 20 days, I just wish there were more of them!!!

Linda

Hi all:

Thanks for all your input. We are so lucky to have this site to share and vent. I really appreciate all your opinions and stories. I got my 2nd opinion from the OHSU Brain Center and they told me I have 3 annies not 1. Hmmm. They also said watch and wait on all. The largest is only 3mm on RMCA and is trifurcated (affecting 3 arteries?). So I'm going to stop thinking about it until testing next year. This doc said same as mine did, no worries, not a big deal. Chances are they will never change or become an issue. Take care, Mitch

Hi Mitch, I too have small multiple aneurysms on the right ICA . Watching and trying not to think about them. Where are the others located? I agree that age seems to really impact the decision on what to do and when. Take care Kelly

Hi Kelly: I was told the 3mm is on right middle cerebral artery and 1 smaller one 2mm is on the left mca. The 3rd (size in between the other 2) is right next to the 3mm one so guess it’s on RMCA. Was so strange to have the docs dismiss them and me because they’re small. The more time goes by the better I am about forgetting about it though, Good luck with yours! Mitch