Aneurysm growing Medially in the Cavernous portion of the Internal Carotid Artery

Is anyone familiar with an aneurysm in the cavernous portion of the internal carotid artery? Mine is growing medially and I have not been able to find much information about it. All I know is that this is a rare area.

Tosha ...welcome...I see you have had lots of welcome this past week (I am always slow...not intentionally)...

To search the 'net...can suggest using: internal carotid artery segments

A number of sites will pop up...about 6 down, the www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen... is one of the easiest for me...thos so enhanced by comparing the other sites and the images provided...

the one I like begins: ICAN.. cavernous segment .. passé thru cavernous sinus with the Abducens nerve (which relates to the muscles of our eyes) ...and,. branches supply the posterior pituitary (meningohypophyseal artery)...

When you view this and other sites, then can pursue the cranial nerves anatomy and the branches...

Also....Moltroub set up a "Basic Brain Info" forum under Brain /aneurysm Resources...

One of the things I have addressed w/Moltroub is that I have been (still am) working on noting the cerebral arteries that supply the various structures noted in the excellent brochure she provided...

Each step takes so much...and, so far, we seem to have all the same/similar explanations from doctors...technically limited... you were blessed to be told the segment(portion)

Blessings for each step...