Analogies

“It seems like every day’s the same and I’m left to discover on my own
It seems like everything is gray and there’s no color to behold.” - Fine Again, Seether

As someone who has an intimate knowledge with pop culture, I will often find metaphors and analogies for my current situation in the scenes of a film or the lyrics of a song. Recently, when I heard the song “Fine Again,” I realized the lyrics accurately portrayed what the emotional recovery has been like. This epiphany was similar to when I recognized the songs on the album “Third Eye Blind” by the band Third Eye Blind seemed to predict the major events of my life. However, while the emotional recovery has been a difficult transition to endure, I also know it’s temporary. It’s been helpful to hear from people and read about their experiences. Of course, the only thing which has been unfortunate happened years ago when I realized my life was similar to the film Good Luck, Chuck starring Dane Cook about a guy who’s unlucky with relationships. It couldn’t have been Bullitt with Steve McQueen.

Stephen, when I was in ICU, the RNs let me play music on my phone. One of them taught me about Pandora. The following song came on every time I woke up or was falling asleep. Many of the RNs, not assigned to me would come in my assigned space just because they said it was really peaceful. I hope you like the song, and can see how with changes we still have purpose

1 Like

Thank you for your support, advice, and help. I truly appreciate it.

Thank you!