Brain Aneurysm Support Community

8 aneurysms fixed, I’m done with this!

14 years ago I had an aneurysm rupture. I was very fortunate that I wasn’t alone at the time. Ambulance was called and went to local hospital. After ct scan, they put me on a helicopter to go to a larger hospital with a neuro-surgeon who was skilled in this.
They initially trued to coil, but were not able to. I have very “tortuous” arteries. Craniotomy the next day to fix the ruptured one. And there were 7 more found… Second surgery to clip the remaining 3 on the same side as ruptured one while I was still in hospital. Another craniotomy was scheduled for 6 months later to do the other side. Only 3 of the remaining 4 were clipped. As the 4th one was only 2mm and in a difficult place so risk of fixing outweighed risk of monitoring. Monitored by CT with contrast, first yearly then every 5 years. On the 13th year it grew larger. Saw the neuro-surgeon and had an angiogram. It had gotten larger in the time between ct and angiogram. Now it was 6mmx7mm, with wide neck. Because of my age, it was decided to coil and stent (I’m 69). Had that done June 7, saw neuro last week and he was very pleased with how the coiling went. He did not use stent, as he didn’t feel it was needed. Sooooo…hopefully this crazy journey can now be put in my rearview mirror. :grin:

1 Like

Wow! That must be such a good feeling to have that last one taken care of! Best wishes to you going forward! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are a very strong person! Thank you for the story of your aneurysms. It is encouraging to see how resilient the brain is to all of these interventions. So lucky to have them all managed by the medical teams so well. Time to go out and have some fun!

1 Like

Congrats! For some reason I’m trying to get the words back to Chevy Van lol

1 Like

**It is so amazing to hear your story. Has given me good hope. If you can make it through all that you have . I think the idea is never give up. That fighting spirit. I am going on Dec. 3,2019. For my second BA’s,craintomy,clipping left side. Last year had two on other side same thing. So thank you for your sharing. Always hope​:tulip::sun_with_face:

1 Like