5th time opening my head

Hi Kimberly, Here's to new success. (Your dogs look like wonderful buddies) Isn't being away from them one of the hardest things when in the hospital.

Hey Karen..

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers :-)

Merry Christmas!!!!

xxxxxx

Laurie,

I always do :o)

Merry Christmas hon!!!

Lots of love!!!

Oh yes I it is Mary Jo!

My dogs always get sad when they see me pack a bag :-(

With luck that won't happen too often in 2012 :-)

Merry Christmas!!!

Kimberly, sorry to hear the news about the 5th surgery. I know that you will have positive thoughts and we all pray that the outcome will be successful and your last surgery. I am scheduled for my third sugery for a cranioplasty to insert a prosthetic bone flap on 1/18/11. However, I just visited my cardiologist ( heart problems just surfaced this year) and learned that I may need a pacemaker prior to the surgery for my heart rate is often very slow and could cause a huge problem during the brain surgery. So I'm off to a electrophysiologist at Mass General this Wed, 12/28!! It sure has been a year... well I've enjoyed today, been to Christmas mass already and plan on having a great Christmas. I pray that you do the same... Merry Christmas

Oh Kimberly you are so strong! Keep up the great attitude. I too have had my head opened 4 times and can't even imagine having to face a 5th! You obviously have faith in your neurosurgeon and I pray they will fix you for good this time!

I hope you enjoyed Christmas!

oh.... dear.... all i can say is bless your heart!! i will be sending healing vibes that all goes well this time and will be fixed. ask the surgeon to prescribe an antibiotic to start prior to surgery and take for awhile afterward. it will help prevent infection. i'm prone to infection post-op so i take antibiotics as a precaution.

please update us as soon as you are well enough.

love to you and yours,

kat

Happy New Year...it is only days away...days closer to treatment and recovery for you (and, many others).

Prayers remain wrapped around you; so look forward to your updates.

Love and hugs,

Pat

Hi Arleen,

I hope that they will work everything out before your cranioplasty! My thoughts and prayers are going to be with you expecially that day! I will tell you this the feelings that you are going to get after surgery when you see the whole you again is unbelieveable!!! If you remember back when I got to take my first shower and wash my whole head and face, well let's just say even though it's a plastic part it still makes you feel like yourself again!

How did the electrophysiologist apt. go?

My wish is that you get a feeling of wholeness again very soon. Keep me informed!

Many (((hugs)))

I couldn't imagine a 5th either...lol

Yes! I really enjoyed Christmas!! I went out and bought lots of stuffed animals, took hand puppets that I made last year after my 1st surgery, wrapped them all up and delivered them to all the kids in our local hospital then that same evening while celebrating Christmas at my in laws none of the guys there would dress up as Santa for the little kids so I said I would do it! I had a great time!!! There were only two little kids there (twins age 3) but I said this Christmas is about the kids and me...LOL...I asked for tools, only tools for Christmas and got loads of them..LOL..Guess I better find something to fix or build now...LOL

Now I am preparing for New year's Eve. I have decided to have a party! As of today I am expecting about 30 people..Wanna come?..lol

Happy New Year!!!!!

Many (((hugs)))

Hey Kat,

Thank you!

That sounds like a good idea but as of now we only know of one antibiotic that I have not reacted to, I would have to be in the hospital to get it and ummm I have spent more then my fair share of time in the hospital. I don't want to spend one more day then I need to there.

Happy New Year to you and your's!!!!

Kimberley

Thank you so much Pat (((hugs)))

It's going to be a much better year for me and many others, I know it!!!

Happy New Year to YOU!!!

(((hug)))

Kimberley

Kimberley, good to hear from you. The electrophysiologist gave me good news. although I am still in Afib and my heart sometimes slows to the 30's (usually when I'm asleep); I am asymptomatic since I don't feel light-headed or dizzy. So they don't think that I need a pacemaker at this point in my life but maybe sometime when I'm older (I'm 64) . I do have an ascending aortic aneurysm which needs to be watched and the doc felt since I had the brain aneurysm and the aortic one that I'm predissposed for artery weakening (and my mom died of a ruptured annie). So it looks like I'm all set for 1/18/12 and I am looking forward to the shower water hitting my head and feeling normal. The work is being done by a world-renown plastic surgeon with my neurosurgeon attending due to the location of the depressed area. Right now I always have a heaviness on that side of my head and I hope that is relieved at least somewhat after the surgery. Do you know when your next surgery will be scheduled? I want to make sure my prayers make it to you!

Kimberley, I've got my bags packed. What time does the party begin? Cheers!!