Wall of Remembrance

Thank you so much, our family is just still taking one day at a time. May you always be blessed.

abh51113 said:

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

I am a survivor, I was 19 at the time of my rupture. It was scary and the recovery is ongoing. I will be sure to include Ashely in my prayers today. My heart sinks for you.

I am glad to report that my test was negative. we have one more member to be tested. Our daughter is trying to get hers done but her daughter has been diagnosed with Autism and it is difficult for her to get away

pennyzuzu said:

My son, Bryan Smith Flint, March 27, 1988 - June 28, 2013. He is not only missed by my husband and myself but also his four sisters, two step brothers, four nephews and four nieces that he saw and two nieces that were born this last year, his grandmother and many friends and extended family. He was healthy and with us one day just as normal as always and then one morning we got the knock on the door at four in morning that every parent dreads. It was the police telling us that we lost our son. Two days later we learned it was a Berries Aneurysm. Stunned does not even start to cover the feelings, you try to prepare yourself for accidents and such. You don't ever expect a twenty five year old would pass unexpectedly from natural causes. We are in the process of being tested so that we can try to prevent this from happening again. It has been an impossible year, we are all doing well and getting through, sometimes it's a fight and other times it is getting easier. I am relieved that my children have always known how much I love them. I have always ended every conversation with I love you, no matter if we disagreed or not. Those were the last words my son and I shared. This is a miniature portrait of Bryan, painted by my husbands cousin in Holland.

The first time that I ever heard of an aneurysm was about 44 years ago. A young boy under the age of ten died suddenly after awakening his parents with a severe headache. He died of an aneurysm. Years later, when suffered from on going severe migraines, you can bet I wondered about an aneurysm. But that was not the case.

A person who married into the family 40 years ago, and lived a great distance from here, was found to have a PCOM aneurysm. She had it clipped and was fine.

Then a neighbor, who was the Mom of one of my son, had some strange symptoms. Ab aneurysm was found. She died while they were trying to fix it. It ruptured during the attempt. I don;t know if it was being coiled or clipped. Again I was horrified.

This year, they incidentally discovered that I have a 7 mm cerebral aneurysm (PCOM). I plan to have it clipped soon.

Now I have learned that my father-in- law from a marriage that left me a young widow with three children, died from a ruptured aneurysm December 15, 2014. All of the aneurysms that I have mentioned have been cerebral aneurysms.

My Sister, Antoinette. 1973. No warnings. Walked in the bathroom after eating her lunch at school and passed out. Never regained consciousness. She died the next day at the age of 15. I was only 12 years old.

40 years later I had a ruptured Annie and lived.

I’m so sorry about your brother. How old do your kids have to be to get tested? I was 38 when my annie ruptured and it was a SAH on my left side. I have two girls ages 8 & 6 and I want them tested at some point for sure!!

Monique,
How terrible about your sister! So happy you are a SURVIVOR! You WILL see her one day again and you got to live life for her. Aneurysms are so weird and they are silent killers. So sad!

:frowning:

My mother. At the age of 72 had rupture of aneurysm and ended up with subarachnoid hemorrhage in October 2012. This was in India. She was not diagnosed for one week. After diagnosis, she underwent craniectomy and ended up with massive intraparenchymal hemorrhage. This complication was not diagnosed for 2 days. She was in neuro ICU for 2 months and came home in persistent vegetative state. I brought her to USA in June 2013 and took care of her at home. She remained stable at home without any major complications till January 4, 2015. In one short day of being sick, she passed away on 1/4/2015. So many things went wrong. She was home but was not able to communicate. When I read other survivors complaining of headaches and other symptoms, I wonder what she was going through. I kept her comfortable in my own way but not knowing what was going on with her always made me sad

I send this message to our lord and savior. My automobile mechanic lost his wife of 25 years to a brain aneurysm. She was fine one day and gone the next. I feel for everyone of you on this page who have lost a loved one to this silent killer...I too suffer with brain aneurysms and I find that the good lord put me and barry together, for some extra support and understanding. May she sleep in peace, I know your loss was tragic barry but you have an angel in heaven watching over you. God Bless

I am unsure whether I posted on this page so forgive me if I have already. My sister, Kelly Patricia Lafferty, sadly passed away due to her aneurysm. She "lived" two years after her level 5 bleed in NYC. She never truly came back to us and died peacefully in her sleep almost two years to the day of her first aneurysm. She was only 52 and will be missed every day. RIP Kelly.

So sorry to hear this, prayers to you all

thanks, Kelly. I really miss her and I hate that she died this way, it was unfair. Prayers to you and your family as well.

Kelly Swart said:

Wendy said:

thanks, Kelly. I really miss her and I hate that she died this way, it was unfair. Prayers to you and your family as well.

Kelly Swart said:

Kelly Swart said: Thank you

Wendy said:

Kelly Swart said:

Feb 25 2015, my precious husband passed to heaven from a massive heart attack. It was quick and unexpected. But i had almost 4 1/2 years after his ruptured aneurysm of the basilar tip. Drs said he’d never live or if he did he would be severely disabled. He learned to walk, talk, eat and reason again. He continued to have problems with memory and balance, but was self-sufficient , funny, loving and wonderful. We’ve been married almost 38 years of blessings with 3 wonderful daughters and 3 amazing granddaughters. He is now with the oldest granddaughter in heaven.

Linda, I am very sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family peace and healing.

Linda, it’s hard to lose a life partner after so many years. I’m sorry you and your family have to go through this experience. Keep his laughter and love close to you.

I feel how sad you are about your mothers loss and the care she received before you started her care, I am quite sure that you did all you could do to keep her comfortable and safe, may the good lord bless you for that, I am quite sure she is thankful for your care as well. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. I too am a brain aneurysm survivor and still have three brain aneurysms that they are watching. I too suffer with massive headaches, but through it all I am thankful that God gave me another chance. So stay blessed and rest assure that she is thankful for all you did.

nghesani said:

My mother. At the age of 72 had rupture of aneurysm and ended up with subarachnoid hemorrhage in October 2012. This was in India. She was not diagnosed for one week. After diagnosis, she underwent craniectomy and ended up with massive intraparenchymal hemorrhage. This complication was not diagnosed for 2 days. She was in neuro ICU for 2 months and came home in persistent vegetative state. I brought her to USA in June 2013 and took care of her at home. She remained stable at home without any major complications till January 4, 2015. In one short day of being sick, she passed away on 1/4/2015. So many things went wrong. She was home but was not able to communicate. When I read other survivors complaining of headaches and other symptoms, I wonder what she was going through. I kept her comfortable in my own way but not knowing what was going on with her always made me sad

One year tomorrow my daughter passed away. I do not want this day to come. Rest in peace my sweet baby. Donique T. Carter

192-SB_219142453.jpg (107 KB) 193-SB_219142450.jpg (118 KB) 194-Donique.jpg (288 KB)

Lachele, losing a loved one is so very hard. Keep the good memories close, celebrate her life and all she gave to you!

It is hard I know. Thanks for the photos and think about the good memories and the smiles in the photos. Those of us that have lost a child (Jacob Lynn Spain 11/07/95-05/20/2012) to this know what you are going through. Prayers to you and your family.