Wall of Remembrance

Wall of Remembrance is a place to remember those with brain aneurysms who are no longer with us.

Please tell their story...and list dates, so we can always remember their journey.

Uncle David rip, sisters co worker Michael rip

My Mom. Ita McNamara died at age 55 on 8/5/1983. R.I.P

Lyn Slaymaker (my mum) fought for a month but sadly lost her fight. She had a brain aneurysm and passed away June 9th 2012 aged 55. She is misses more as each day passes! Love you lots mum!

My mum Ann passed away tragically and unexpected in surgery March 31st 2014, having an 3mm unruptured aneurysm coiled,( a blood vessel was perforated, there was a bleed and it happened so fast) she was 62 years of age, and deeply missed by myself and my sister and her husband. Missing you everyday mum

Can’t remember his surname but while helping his mother, she told me of her son lying in hospital with aneurysm and two day later when I phoned her, she told me died just two weeks after the op. Though my wife had survived a year earlier, my sunk with the lady. Only God knows

My daughter Ashley Ann Swart at the young age of 20 passed away suddenly from an aneurysm on 9/26/2013 there were no signs or symptons just here one day and gone the next. Thank you for adding this wall.

Kelly Swart & Family

208-AS046Copy.jpg (894 KB)

I can't imagine. ....no words I can say. Ashley was beautiful and It's so hard because she had a lifetime ahead of her

I have no words to express my sadness for you and your family. Your daughter was so beautiful. My Mom died the same way in 1983, she was 55. I now live with 2 aneurysm's. This is a silent killer. We need funding to bring awareness. Thinking of you and your lovely Ashley.

Trudy Barrett.

LOST MY SON, WHO WAS ONLY 21 YEARS OLD TO AN ANEURYSM WE NEVER KNEW HE HAD REST IN PEACE MY SON, ALWAYS IN MY HEART, MATTHEW JAMES QUACKENBUSH 10-25-88/ 11-28-09

oops sorry don't know dates or details, were 20 to 25 yrs ago

My son, Bryan Smith Flint, March 27, 1988 - June 28, 2013. He is not only missed by my husband and myself but also his four sisters, two step brothers, four nephews and four nieces that he saw and two nieces that were born this last year, his grandmother and many friends and extended family. He was healthy and with us one day just as normal as always and then one morning we got the knock on the door at four in morning that every parent dreads. It was the police telling us that we lost our son. Two days later we learned it was a Berries Aneurysm. Stunned does not even start to cover the feelings, you try to prepare yourself for accidents and such. You don't ever expect a twenty five year old would pass unexpectedly from natural causes. We are in the process of being tested so that we can try to prevent this from happening again. It has been an impossible year, we are all doing well and getting through, sometimes it's a fight and other times it is getting easier. I am relieved that my children have always known how much I love them. I have always ended every conversation with I love you, no matter if we disagreed or not. Those were the last words my son and I shared. This is a miniature portrait of Bryan, painted by my husbands cousin in Holland.

Awe, Penny. I can't imagine how much you all have been through. I am glad to hear that you are all being tested now. Your son was way too young to leave this world. I will keep you in my prayers.

God bless,

~ Carol

Thank you

From our family to yours, we are so sorry for your loss- our stories are very similar.

we will keep you all in our prayers.

The Swart family

Thank you

I am sorry for your loss. I agree that this is a silent killer- no doubt at all, people need to get tested, but in our case after Ashley's passing we had to fight with our insurance company. My husband and 2 boys are fine and I have a small one that will be watched. And yes we also need funding and awareness but in our case there were no symptoms, it is a cruel thing that just happens, does not seem right.

Thank you Kelly, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you have a strong and lovely family like mine to help you through. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Penny

It is amazing that some people can live with these for years and never have any problems and some are just lost. We are just starting to get tested ourselves. It is very scary to wait to find out, but it is better than not knowing.