Recovery post stent procedure

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready to enjoy the holidays.

This time last year I had my first coiling procedure. Almost a year later I had a MRI where they noticed that there was some blood coming back into it…

I had an angiogram a few days ago and they said it’s gotten bigger so they need to stent it and add more coils.

I wanted to ask everyone what the recovery process was like for stents? Is it longer than coils? I just want to know what to expect and how I can compare it to my previous surgery.

I’m a bit gutted that I need more surgery but that’s life. At least they’re letting me have Christmas with my friends and family.

Thanks,

Sarah

I have no information, but I read the posts every day and I am answering because I did not want you to feel alone. Happy holidays to you and your friends. I hope everything turns out well for you.

AWww thanks very much. That’s very kind, happy holidays.

Hopefully someone can answer?

Bloomsie, so sorry I didn’t jump in earlier. No stent for me, just a rupture that was coiled and another one formed and it was coiled. The second one was a night in Neuro ICU and out the next day. What have you decided to do?

Bloomsie,

Any update?

Hey thanks for checking in. I had two stents placed in the end. Home now after fives days. All is good but the emotional recovery is tough

I hope all is well and you are on the mend. I think of you everyday.

Hey Bloomsie! Glad you’re home and on the mend. Keep positive and remember to breathe! How can we help you with your emotional recovery?

Hi Sarah,

I had two stents put in during my original surgery in July, 2012. Follow up of two angiograms and two MRA's show that they are totally integrated into my circulatory system. I wish you the very best, and every day I thank God for modern medicine!!

hpjmom said:

Hi Sarah,

I had two stents put in during my original surgery in July, 2012. Follow up of two angiograms and two MRA's show that they are totally integrated into my circulatory system. I wish you the very best, and every day I thank God for modern medicine!!

Hi Bloomsie, I’m 9 days post two PEDS. PAIN FLOATERS IN EYE REDUCING HEADACHES BETTER, having fatigue and muscle exhaustion, no strength

Hi all, have any of you had pain where your stent is? Like a pulsating or striking?

I had white and orange floating lights appear in my eye but no pain where the stent is.