Question about Cerebral Angiogram

Hi everyone. I found out last year I have 2 small unruptured aneurysms. A 2mm cavernous sinus and 4mm on my right cervical carotid artery. I go tomorrow for my 1 yr follow up. They have adopted a wait and monitor approach with a daily aspirin. Anyway, on my first angiogram when they got to a certain part of my brain and injected the dye it felt like so much pressure behind my eyes it felt like they might pop out. Is that a normal part of the process? I’m pretty anxious about it just remembering that but I think if I knew that was normal I wouldn’t be AS nervous…

I just came home from my 18 month angio coiling follow up. This was the first time it burned. It literally burned my right ear and I saw stars and felt pain in my right eye. I was told this was normal. strong text

I will try to find the video I once watched for you. People do have ‘busted’ aneurysm while having angiogram. Doctors call it ‘induced’. Now I know it could be true since you feel the pressure. Hmmm. Thanks for sharing!

I’m just grateful I’ve been asleep for my angios!

1 Like

Well I made it through the angiogram. Thankfully they have not grown. I did not feel the pressure this time but I did feel really dizzy when they injected one of the spots. They told me it was normal. I’m relieved to have it over with. Still really weak and I think they might’ve tweaked a nerve but I’m sure that’ll get better with time.

I felt ear and eye pain for the first time in my most recent angio. Fortunately, it was momentary, but it scared me.