My 7y son

Hello, I’m Paulo , from Portugal.
Have a son with 7y who had a ruptured Annie in May this year . Still in a rehab center . The Annie was in left pca . Made a craniotomy and has a vp shunt …

By now he walks again by himself . Right arm is more difficult to appear . Reads , does math , little slower but it hasn’t been too many time ago,except for us, family …
Comprehension and fluent speech are more difficult to see good improvements so far , but made great improvements in other areas . Started to talk again with songs ,in July , all of them and he knows plenty.
Short term memory affected …
Neurologist says he has good conditions of being almost 100% in Cognitive terms .
I know that the cases aren’t similar … But anyone had Annie in left pca ?

I had an aneurysm in the right PICA, however it was treated before rupturing with a PED–a flow diverter. I can not imagine how difficult it mst be as a parent to witness something of this magnitude on a child of his age. It seems he is making slow and gradual progress. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

yes, so sorry about son! its a hard tough road, Prayers for you all!

Prayers for you all !!!

Paulo, Isn’t it amazing how much music can help the brain regain words! My speech therapist also had me singing in sessions.

It sounds like your son is the light in your life. I recall some of my classes back decades ago saying the younger we are with brain troubles, the easier it is for another part of our brain to take over. And I remember a meeting right before I ruptured that shared there was even hope for an older brain to regain use.