In need of help and support. Aneurysm clipping and vasospasm

I had a large aneurysm on the front left mcl it was putting a lot of pressure in my head. I knew someone was wrong for 2 years. Finally someone found it before it ruptured. I am 29 mother of 3 kids. I had the craniotomy for the aneurysm clipping I woke up and couldn’t feel my toes. They said my left side was probably asleep from laying so long. It got worse. I have pain that shots down my thigh, in my calf, and foot. I have neuropathy symptoms. They can’t explain. Plus the day after I got out of the hospital I had a vasospasm. I don’t remember what happened what I do know is a blur and I had to learn my name and words all over again. I still have word problems and memory problems. What happened to me. I did not have a ruptured aneurysm it was a clipping. Why didn’t my doctor want to tell me what happened to me. I read on discharge papers that I have early dementia. Please it anyone wants to talk please reply back.

It sounds like you may have had some nerve damage during the procedure. It should get better with time. Please be sure to drink as much water as possible to avoid vasospasm. It was recommended to me to drink a gallon a day post surgery. I didn’t quite drink that much and I had PED not craniotomy. I would definitely get another opinion and ask to get a record of the surgery notes.

I’m going to a neurologist on the 3rd hoping they can help me. I was thinking nerve damage or neuropathy. I did have a vasospasm it almost killed me. That’s why they thought I have the early dementia. What is PED? Thank you for the response.

I would love to talk. Feel free to call me at 919-XXX-XXXX

(Number removed by modsupport for the member’s privacy protection. Please PM Rebekahwiens for her phone number if you’d like to call her.)

How are you doing now? I hope your condition is better now!

I hate to say anything negative at all! I am alive! I can’t find anyone else yet who survived a “22+ mm” aneurysm! So I’m really great! Fatigue is still real. Forgetfulness seems to be lessening. Now I have headaches (some lingering down neck and some quick vasospasm-like in the left side of my head). I suppose this is “normal.” Now…I would go through it all over again just to know what I know now…about life… and death. Hope all is well with you! Merry Christmas!

It’s good to be positive. That’s what I try to do. I am thankful to be alive after all that happened. I still don’t feel normal tho. And the cold air really makes my head hurt. My leg and foot have not gotten any better and I have lost my insurance so that’s not good. Merry Christmas to everyone!