I'm new to this. Unruptured Surgery scheduled

Hi, I’m 59 and have known since 2014 I’ve had this. It was thankfully discovered while a MRI was being done to find out why my face was going numb. No answer on that, but they did see the aneurysm

In 2012 they had noticed something when I had a stroke (grrr caused from celebrity an arthritis med). So in 2014 it was known. I started to see Dr Eckers thru Maine Medical.

I notice most of the posts say how large, small their aneurysm are. Sorry, I don’t want to know mine. The person with me did ask questions. The Dr has done 70 of these,oops pipelines with 100% success rate.

I’m not sure of what to expect after the surgery nor longer range. I’ve read quite a few posts and greatly appreciated all who have posted these. Including the blogs.

Thank you for reading my post and your willingness to help a newbie

1 Like

Dear newbie

I am 35 years old and had an I ruptured aneurysm clipped this past August. To be honest I was very scared prior to the surgery as I have three boys at home. The surgery went very well and I continue to recover. I was in a lot of pain after the surgery which I didn’t initially realize bc I had some numbness. I was very tired…but it was clipped successfully by the grace of god and I don’t have to follow up until August. I was also very tired. The best advice is to rest and to listen to your doctors. That made such a difference for me in my own recovery. The swelling is still going down in my eye and you honestly can’t even tell that the surgery happened. I will keep you in my prayers for a safe surgery and recovery

1 Like

TY so much for sharing what has happened to you. It’s neat you don’t have to go to your next appointment until August. Yet, what a surprise this must of been!! So sorry you and your love ones have been through this. Glad that you all have precious time together.

As with you the time in between is so full of anxiety. Not sure how much time assed?

My Dr did say (hmmm I think it was him) to do exactly as I’m supposed to and I’ll recover easier. I’ve had over20 surgeries mostly on my feet and I tend to push things. This though I won’t.

TY for commenting on my post.

1 Like

How large was yours and on what artery if you don’t mind me asking?

Np mine was 5 and it was deep in the front left side

HI B Positive. I had my surgery 4.5 weeks ago, but I think it’s different than yours. I had a bypass and yours sounds like you are having a stent.

My surgery was successful, but recovery has been hard. I am starting to get back toward doing chores, but in general just feel like sitting and watching t.v. Today I did 3 loads of laundry, and that was about it. And walked my dog for 1.5 hours very slowly.

I am 43 and normally very active. I am also not pushing recovery as I’m like you, I push everything. I don’t want to take a chance with this.

My recovery was hard because I did my surgery out of state, and it’s like the hospital completely forgot I was alive.

how large was yours? mines is 3mm

what is pipelines and did you have a stunt put in you?