Happy 2015! And an interesting article on Sleep & Brain Injuries

I Hope everyone enjoyed a great Christmas and are ready to ring in a brandy New Year this week! I found this article very interesting and thought I'd share with this group --> my sleeping patterns have certainly changed and continue to change since my AVM rupture back in February, 2011. I went from not being able to do anything but sleep early in my recovery to now being even more of a night owl I once was .... but it's all good because I'm so very Grateful my feet hit the ground each & every morning :-)!

http://www.msktc.org/tbi/factsheets/Sleep-And-Traumatic-Brain-Injury

My hopes are that all who are reading this continues to find comfort thru your healing journey!

Happy New Year everyone!

/Michele

1 Like

Michele,

Thank you much for bringing this info ... this one is clear / easy to read... and, has the great references...

This may be of benefit for new members and those in their decision process...to help them ask their neuro-docs about this to better understand this likely potential post-procedure...whichever procedure is recommended and selected.

In the Brain Basics provided by Moltroub, the Section 2 covers the Brain Stem and Cranial Nerves and refs the reticular activating system (RAS) which plays a role in mediating the circadian rhythm, our sleep patterns.

Again, thanks for this...

1 Like

Thanks for sharing - this is an understandable and informative article.

Hey this is old, closing it to comments, try starting a new topic!