Fusiform

Paula, Glad a bypass worked for you. Because I am missing several segments in my Circle of Willis, I am unable to have one. I don't know how you can stand not having it monitered. You are indeed fortunate to be able to hold a job and to be fit enough to run. Mine is closely monitered by the most amazing dr. He literally saved my life and I am grateful to be here.

Thanks Irene. Any info helps. I appreciate the support.

Debbie

Forgot to mention that I'm turning 60 in a few months!! It did bother me at first that he refused to monitor the aneurysm. But the bottom line is there is nothing more that can be done. It is so far out of my control that I prefer not to waste my emotional energy on it. Instead I spend it in the classroom on the kids. :-)

Tracyā€¦are you near Buffalo, NY? Check out Dr. Hopkins. He and his ā€˜fellowsā€™ did my fusiform in 2005. Right carotid artery in the circle of willis. Stent with coiling done 2 months later. I felt I was in good hands. Donā€™t think it was anything new to themā€¦the waiting room is always full. They sounded confident as they performed the procedures. I was awakeā€¦have not heard of any others on here who were awake for theirsā€¦

1 Like

Colletteā€¦my 9 mm was operated on but also have a 3mm that they just keep a watch onā€¦ Nothing new since 2005. So as long as they check on it regularly, I would imagine itā€™s probably not an emergency situation. Relax and let them keep an eye on it. Good luck.

Paula, I love your attitude! Most of us are too fearful of upsetting the situation. I do remember the doctor saying after the last part of my procedureā€¦ ā€˜There you go! Nothing to worry about anymoreā€¦the aneurysm is literally goneā€¦ā€™ In other wordsā€¦go out and live your life as if nothing happened. Still worry about coils compressing, etc. am reminded of all of it everytime I go through the detectors at the airport, and when entering or exiting certain storesā€¦i set off the alarms. :/. And also I need to be checkedā€¦MRI regularly to keep an eye on a smaller fusiformā€¦

Paula - Congrats on the milestone birthday you have coming up. Another year of life should be celebrated! I admire your attitude very much. I am struggling with not having had a ruptured aneurysm define my life. Since it was just 10 months ago I am hoping that as I recover I will be less overwhelmed all the time. I am starting to craft and quilt again and that is challenging but very rewarding to my spirit!

really was looking for RUPTURED fusiform survivors.

How did u feel after the stent.
I coukd get one but need angiogram first