Electronic Cigarettes after Coiling

I am curious about electronic cigarettes after brain coiling??? I too experienced a ruptured annie in August 2017, and also had an unruptured annie coiled. I was a smoker (about 10-15 a day), and have not had a cigarette since that horrible night on August 24th, when my aneurysm ruptured. I am blessed beyond words because I have not had any deficits other than a little vertigo, which has since been ceased thanks to vestibular therapy. However, as ashamed as I am to admit this, there is not a day that goes by that I do not struggle with thinking about smoking. My PCP told me that I could use electronic cigarettes with low nicotine - so, I guess what I am wondering is if anyone else uses the e-cigarettes, and if so, what are their thoughts.

Hi I’m with you on the still wanting a cig although I too have not had one I’ve not used my e-cig either but I’ve come very close so if anyone dose have any advice I’d be grateful too

IMO it’s probably not a good idea to do anything which raises blood pressure and nicotine (amongst other things) raises blood pressure.

I’ve seen research on the web which says smoking affects coiled ruptured aneurysms and also research on the web which says smoking has no impact on coiled ruptured aneurysms.

Personally I think it’s quite a big risk to take.