Dr. Recommendation

Hello I’m looking for a 2nd Opinion can anyone recommend a Dr.

Dr. Y. Pierre Gobin @ NY Presbyterian Hospital–Weill Cornell Medical College
212-■■■■■■■■

Don’t know where you live but my surgeon, Dr. Hunt Batjer, was wonderful. He’s at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago IL in their neurology dept.

Dr. Michael Alexander at Cedars Sinai in L.A. One of the best in the country (you can google him)

Dr. Fredieu in Winchester VA. Great doctor, and he has good bedside manners.

I highly recommend Dr. Rosenwasser from Jefferson's Neuroscience Hospital. in Philadelphia. He is one of the founders of coiling. Always read as much as you can about the Dr. recommended then you make your choice.

Have you chosen any Dr. yet? Good Luck and God Bless you.

1 Like

Dr. Adel Malek at Tufts Medical Center in Boston. Extraordinary skill, compassion and care!

Dr. Robert Mericle, HW Neuroligical Institute, Nashville, Tn. The best and most gifted MD in the nation!

Karen

1 Like

contact dr kim nelson he is amazing, let me know and i will give you his info

thanks, mike b

dr cully white at st lukes in milwaukee have u looked into coiling?

he did my surgery from what i hear the guys a genuis and hes good looking which doesn't hurt.......lol

my 2 were clipped but they had ruptured from what i understand from my doctor is that he's never seen a recovery like mine physically i seem find but my memeory sucks and i have a super hard time with crowds anxiety and i'm a total bull in china shop now chin up young lady it can get better no way out but up :)

1 Like

Dr Kelly Schmidit spine and brain institute Las Vegas Nevada. She is awesome Good luck

The Johns Hopkins aneurysm center in Baltimore, MD. The #1 hospital in the US for neurology and neurosurgery, and with a concierge system in place for out-of-state and out-of-country patient coordination. Just returned from there and it was a very positive experience.

2 Likes

Dr Ehtesham at Mercy Hospital in Springfield, MO. Has a terrific bedside manner and was assistanr head of Neurosurgical dept of Vanderbit Med Center. Has contributed many journals on the subject.

1 Like

Dr. Gary Ducwiler from UCLA. He is the director of the interventional neuroradiology department
Guglielmi Detachable Coiling was first used at UCLA and he was in the original team with Dr. Guido Guglielmi.
Check out the article:
https://neuronewsinternational.com/celebrating-25-years-of-the-guglielmi-detachable-coil/

He is going to do my PED procedure in a few weeks. As someone already stated, Dr. Alexander of Cedars-Sinai is also very highly recommended.

If any one is looking a great doctor to diagnose and treatment in.the LAS VEGAS NV community, I have some.

I’d be happy to refer to Dr. Michael Lawton, Barrow Neuroscience Institute. (BNI) Phoenix, AZ. I’ve had clipping done by him. I had an unruptured 6x7mm left ICA annie and the color of it has turned to ‘cherry’ thin by the time I finally had the guts to face it.

Thank God. I made the most important choice in my life. Wishing you all the best with the choices you’d make.

I am so happy to see your post about Dr. Ehtesham! I have my first appointment with him on 2/6/20. An MRI on 12/2/19 showed a 5.5mm AICA saccular aneurysm. Six weeks later I saw a local neurosurgeon in Rogers, AR who referred me to Dr. Ehtesham. It’s been 2 months since the initial finding and I have been reading, reading, reading about aneurysms and searching, searching, searching to find information on qualified neurosurgeons. His background information looks very good, so I am happy to see your comments. Thank you!

1 Like

Joyejoy, we’re so glad that you found us, and we hope you will be as well. Great that you’ve piped up and commented.

Be sure to let us know how your consultation with Dr. Ehtesham goes!

All the best to you

Seenie from ModSupport

1 Like

Thanks for your comment. He reviewed the MRI last week and doubted the diagnosis saying it didn’t look like an aneurysm but thought it could be a pituitary tumor/cyst. I will be undergoing a cerebral angiogram 2/26 to double-check whether it is an aneurysm or not. Hurry up and wait…

1 Like

Joyejoy, get hydrated before and after the angiogram! I’ve got one of those pituitary lesions, they found incidentally from my rupture. There’s a special MRI/A my surgeon has to order so they can watch it. It’s not the same images used for my aneurysm, but she orders both and it doesn’t seem to take much more time in the tube. She told me they are usually found on autopsy. An anesthesiologist called it a pituitary adenoma. The best thing is, doctors no longer tell me to lose weight, years ago, the USN tried to get me to gain weight which I couldn’t do either. And unless it grows tremendously, my neurosurgeon keeps it on the watch list. Hope that’s all it is for you. Best of luck!

2 Likes