Does anyone who had an SAH have clogged ears as a side effect of brain surgery?

Ditto.... I have a shunt on the left side also. They just put an outside drain due to my vasospasms but did not remove my skull. I have a little "divot" in my skull where they placed the drain... about the size of an M&M.

Alice,

I had no vertigo for over a year, my symptoms were mild tinnitus and aural fullness. The ENT I saw treated me with an anti-viral which did nothing.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by aural fullness? Also, do you experience vertigo now? As I think about my tinnitus in the past, my ears always gave me problems before, but not as extreme as now. Plus, I have a sister who has has a cochlear implant and wears a hearing aid, my mother wears hearing aids, my dad's problems were similar to mine. Is your aural fullness positional? I can lay down and it will go away.

Campanile said:

Alice,

I had no vertigo for over a year, my symptoms were mild tinnitus and aural fullness. The ENT I saw treated me with an anti-viral which did nothing.

My aural fullness, which started in the late 1990’s, felt like my ear was heavy and stuffed with cotton balls. My ear also made noises, like water bubbling, I called it burbling. Certain positions did help sometimes, but not always.

I have an unruptured aneurysm, which I am going to have coiled and stented, just so you know. I have not had vertigo for years and I was lucky, because I always knew what was coming-I had a 40 minute window before an attack. Meniere’s Disease can “burnout,” which it did in my case, but it also left me 50 % deaf in my right ear. Although, I have to mention since the aneurysm was discovered I started having some fullness again. My present ENT gave me a prescription for low dose diazepam which helped. I am under a great deal of stress.

If you have time read about MD. There are supplements that are helpful. I learned too late about them and kept taking the anti-viral.

I had my SAH 7 years ago,my ears have felt clogged after I got out of hospital, I have been to a E.N.T Dr he said all was ok,just try pop your ears likr you would on the plane,i did this with no good effect,I have just put up with it,when they do pop it feels great,this only lasts for l minute, I wish it was longer tho,all the best,if you do get a good clear answer please let us know.