Awareness

Safe trip...and prayers out to your niece...God Speed...! Cyber ~hugs and thoughts to you...Colleen

Avis,

Wishes and prayers for your safe trip and wrapping our love and comfort around your niece.

Pat

Dear Avis, I am also a survivor. I agree with you totally. They found two aneurysms by fluke with me. I went for a CT scan for a totally different medical problem, and this is when they found my annies. I would have not know anything about these, andI would be walking around with these in my head. Knowing this I asked my twin to go get checked out too. She was also diagoned with an aneurysm located on her right side, and is the same size as mine. Just think if I was not diagoned first, then my twin coud have been wallking around with this time bomb too. I just had my clipping for one of my aneurysms on Feb. 3, 2011, and I as still recovering, and as soon as I get my strength up, they are going to clip my other annie of the left side. So I truly believe that their should be more awareness. I am from Alberta Canada,, and my twin is from Ontario. Good luck Avis, and God Bless YOU!!!

Sincerely,

Bonita Hodgins

i pray for a safe trip and for God embrace to surround your niece. God bless

Bonita, welcome to this group....wishing you contined excellent recovery...and., excellent follow-up of your twin.

pat

Hi Bonita,I’m so happy they found your annie in time,Thank God your twin didn’t just say forget it like some people do.I’ll pray for you both that everything will be fine.God is good and he will always watch over you all and continue his blessings.I have a sister with the name (Bonita ) matter of fact her name is Bonita Fabolia.What is the twin name?When I send up a prayer I like to give pacific names,not that it matters but thats just me.Anyway may God continue to bless you and yours and keep in touch.

Its the silent killer and people are always so surprised when it happens to their loved ones. There is just not enough awareness of any kind of aneurysm and that needs to change immediately. My neurosurgeon told me what I would never forget and that was that so many people are walking around with them and they have no clue, until its either too late and becomes fatal, or caught in time, wherein you may have had a stroke which was your wakeup call. Its dangerous, scary and needs to be on the media forefront for more research and more fundraising to be done, just like breast cancer is.

I feel the same way. That’s how I found this web site. I was doing some research today for a blog I wrote for my newspaper. There is very little awareness and even less support. I’m going to slowly get the word out about this.

good for you avis i have thought the same thing if you read my early blogs oprah would be the one,shes a great personi have wanted to do this from day one and asked for help , people just dont want to hear it.im with you if you need help let me know ill be there linda

a thought....Oprah would be the best "stage" to get the word out. I wonder if we each wrote personal letters, mailed them all to somebody here who is willing to be the recipient, and sent one BIG stack of personal letters to her, in a huge box or something, maybe that would actually grab her (her producer's) attention. Individual letters are probably a dime a dozen - not that they aren't valuable - but maybe a bundle of letters in a box would get some attention.....

I'm happy to write a letter but can't take on the bigger organization of it ----

i will mail them all out if everyone wants to send them here, i would love to help someone to not have to go though what i did,i just am not that great at talking .i get to mad at the help that people arent getting.let me know i will get a po box and we can get going on this ,spread the word about the letters let me know. i read what jenny wrote,see the movie stars and well known people dont want people to know when it happens to them. but you know what us little people need to know.

Perhaps yet another stoke fatality - don't know of this person, but was a famous singer - just saw the news online....

(CBS) Nate Dogg, one of the most recognizable and smooth voices in rap and R & B, has died. He was 41.

Born Nathaniel Hale, Nate Dogg suffered from ill health for years. His death was first reported in the Long Beach Press-Telegram.

The cause of death is not immediately known, though the Press-Telegram reports that he suffered two strokes, one in 2007 and another in 2008. TMZ reports it's confirmed Nate Dogg's death.

There is NOT enough awareness OR empathy by the 'general public' (I really wish it was WRITTEN/ADVERTIZED & MORE. It IS a killer....The 'general public' does NOT know this!

marianne_39506@hm ANY 'annie' survivor is welcome to join my Messenger.

Judy G...brought this forward for the ideas expressed by Avis and others...

Hey this is old! I’m closing it. Feel free to start another post.