6 months follow up angiogram result

I was wondering if plavix and aspirin are taken together after a clipping ?

Hi G and K, that’s a good question. I don’t know. . I had coiling and required 2 stents to be put in. I was given these meds for that purpose. I have read on this forum of people who just had clipping and we’re not given plavix or aspirin. But I’m not sure if that is the case for everyone.

Sky answered as I would. Our surgeries required the use of stents, so it was necessary for us to take Plavix and aspirin to keep the blood freely flowing through them while they became covered in endothelial cells.

As far as I know, people who have had clipping don’t usually take the blood thinner regimen. Although, I imagine there could be some exceptions . We have had stents placed and that does require Plavix and aspirin for a time and usually aspirin for the rest of our lifetimes. Perhaps you could reach out to someone who has had clipping only and see what the protocol afterwords is.

Just heard this morning would be starting plavix in about a month, and could possibly have to do the aspirin with it. Although, my husband is a recovering heart attack and stroke patient also, two months before clipping. The angiogram after the clipping showed no more aneurysm. Something to be celebrated, however the recovery process already feels long.

G and K , great news about the aneurysm. The recovery process can be exhausting, but hang in there. I truly appreciated my family and loved ones more so during theses trying times, for their support and love.

1 Like